Sunday, April 12, 2009

It's been so long

I feel like there are millions of things, moments or memories I need to catch you up on but I just don't have the energy or attention span to tell you about it all so I am going to catch you up on some of the essentials.
We took our very first family camping trip me, Nikki and the boys. It was AWESOME! We went to Hunting Island in SC and had a blast just being outdoors with just us, it was great.
After the camping experience we went to FL. for one of my all time best friends wedding. So we dropped the boys off with the grand parents and Nikki and I headed for a 5 day no kids get-a-way, wooooohhoooooo, man it was absolutely amazing but to keep this family friendly I will not go into details, But it was great.
Then I got in the car and headed back to SC to have enough time to wash clothes and re pack so I could spend the next 4 days in Atlanta serving the homeless. I know I have already said "it was great" twice in this short entry but I have to say it again, IT WAS GREAT. I saw Jesus show up in many ways in many of my students. It was cool to have my cousin from Virgina down for the trip and to see him serve the homeless was a great blessing and encouragement to me.
To top all that off today I celebrated Easter and the resurrection of my Lord Jesus Christ. How cool is it to have a a son who is only 3 who can tell you that Jesus died on the cross for all of the bad things we have done, then he will tell you that Jesus is alive again because he beat up the bad guys and won. Man it is great to be a dad.
Well that is pretty much all for now, see you in a few...

No comments:

Post a Comment